Start by cutting your hair shorter on the sides and back to get the traditional taper haircut. (You need to make sure that you communicate your desired degree of gradualness to your stylist.) To create the taper effect on your hair, your hairdresser may use scissors or a hair clipper.
How to style a tapered haircut?
- There are several ways in which tapered haircuts can be fashioned, such as the following: the shorter the hair, the simpler it is to manage and keep in good condition.
- To get an edgy and intriguing appearance, this tapered cut involves cutting the hair very short and then parting it either in a straight line or in a semicircle.
- This is the cut for you if you have a substantial volume of hair and you want to give it a stylish appearance at the same time.
How do I taper with my hair clippers?
When you initially begin cutting your hair with a regular taper, adjust the length setting on your hair clippers to its longest guard or to its greatest length setting, depending on the type of hair clippers you have. After that, begin with the sides and the back, then work your way up to the top, blending as you go. The following may be seen in the video:
Can You taper your own hair by yourself?
It’s not exactly the easiest thing in the world to get a decent taper cut, but it’s not impossible either. This is especially the case if you aren’t utilizing the appropriate strategies and tools in your work. You can fade, taper, and cut your hair by yourself if you have the correct equipment. Find out in the guide below step by step how to trim your hair with electric hair clippers.
What does taper hair mean?
When you taper your hair, you cut it shorter progressively from the top down, as the name of the technique indicates. Therefore, the hair on the crown of your head is longer, and it progressively gets shorter as it moves down the sides and rear of your head. Different names are given to tapers on the basis of the length of the cut.
How do you taper at home?
What To Do:
- You should wash and blow dry your hair as you normally would.
- In order to ensure that your hair is not knotted, you should carefully run a comb through it
- You should begin by trimming the top.
- Make a decision on the position of the fading line
- Remove the guard from the clippers and trim the hair behind your ears, as well as the hair on the back of your neck and at the back of your head
How can I trim the back of my neck myself?
Hold the clipper so that the blade is facing up (the clipper should be held with the blade side up), and cut a straight guideline horizontally across the back of your neck. The teeth of the blade should be facing the back of your neck and parallel to the floor. Maintain this line at a distance that allows it to be as near as possible to the bottom of the natural hairline.
How do I taper my sideburns?
- To begin, ensure that your hair is clean and devoid of any styling products.
- Comb the sideburns so that they are precisely aligned with the natural growth pattern, which is often downward.
- Utilize a trimmer that provides you with protection so that you may cut the hair to the desired length.
- You should trim the sideburns in a downward manner while holding the trimmer in a vertical posture with your face facing it.