- Place your dog on a grooming table that is at a height that is comfortable for you to work at
- You should properly brush your dog’s coat to remove any superfluous fur, and you should constantly follow up with the comb to ensure that you have not missed any mats
- Take hold of the scissors by inserting the index finger and the thumb into the corresponding finger holes
- Comb the dog’s hair in an upward and backward motion starting at the rear of the animal to reveal any uneven ends
- Continue combing and scissoring the back all the way down to the base of the tail, and then go on to the sides
What do you need to cut your dog’s hair?
Gather all of the necessary equipment to trim your dog’s hair before beginning the grooming procedure. Your pet will thank you. The following is a list of the things that you will require: Straight grooming shears are useful tools for doing a variety of cutting tasks. Curved scissors are utilized in the process of rounding the layers of the hair.
Can you use thinning scissors to lighten dog hair?
If your dog has thick fur that you wish to lighten up, you may feather the hair into varied lengths by going back over these regions with the thinning shears a little. You may also go back over the sides of the hair a little bit with the curved scissors so that the hair doesn’t look like it was all cut straight across. This will give the hair a more natural appearance.
How do I Stop my Dog from pulling out her hair?
Your dog may experience discomfort and anxiety as a result of the grooming process if you use dull scissors.If your shears are brand new, they ought to come sharpened.If, on the other hand, the shears have been used several times, it is possible that they require sharpening.Maintaining the shears and making cutting simpler may both be accomplished by applying a few drops of scissor oil to the blades before you start cutting.